There is much awareness now across the globe about solar power and the ways we can use it to save our environment. Apart from the use of renewable solar energy to generate electricity in our homes it has several advantages. Here are the top 5 reasons why you should consider using renewable sources of solar energy.
1. It’s free: Solar energy is free for all as long as the sun is shining in the sky. There is no company that can bottle the sunshine and sell it. So why not make use of something which is totally free and helps you not only save the environment but also generates an unlimited amount of electricity. Of course there will be cost involved in making solar panels to convert the sun’s energy to electricity. But once these solar panels are installed, you don’t need to invest any more money and the energy they will generate won’t cost you a thing!
2. Solar power is environmentally friendly: This form of energy is green because of the fact that it is completely sustainable. The sun’s energy doesn’t create pollution, unlike when fossil fuels are burned. This in turns means that by using the sun’s energy you are actually reducing your carbon footprint.
3. It saves you money: By using electricity generated by solar power you are saving money. This is because you are not dependent on the electricity that you are billed for every month. You are dependent on the sun, the energy of which is free to use. This energy can be stored and used as and when desired.
4. It makes you money: If your solar panels generate more electricity that can be used by your home, you can make money by selling it back. There are several schemes across the country that have been put into place to make people aware of this green technology and encourage them to be eco-friendly.
5. It is cheap to install: There are many eBooks and manuals across the web put together by experienced people. These are available at reasonable rates and show how to build solar panels cost effectively. The solar panels could cost you just a few hundred dollars, especially if you build the system yourself. Once they are installed they are very easy to maintain. You can forget about them and enjoy free electricity for years to come.
Overall, when you install solar panels you can relax knowing that you are saving lots of money and also saving the environment.